May 2019 Medical Policy Updates:
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM) and Home Blood Pressure Monitoring (HBPM) Devices
- Autonomic Nervous System Testing
- Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) System for Use with Chest Radiographs
- Electron Beam Computed Tomography (EBCT) for Screening Evaluations
- Endometrial Ablation
- Evaluation and Management (E&M) of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy with Loss of Protective Sensation (LOPS)
- Evaluation and Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Fetal Fibronectin Enzyme (fFN) Immunoassay
- Frenectomy, Frenotomy, or Frenoplasty for Ankyloglossia (Tongue-Tie)
- Full-Body Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan Screening
- Genetic Testing for Congenital Long QT Syndrome (Independence Administrators)
- GPS Cancer™ Testing by NantHealth
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Genotyping and Phenotyping (Independence Administrators)
- Medical and Surgical Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Modifiers 26 (Professional Component) and TC (Technical Component)
- Nerve Fiber Density Testing
- Neuropsychological Testing for Neurologically Based Conditions
- Noninvasive Prenatal Screening for Fetal Aneuploidies Using Cell-Free Fetal DNA (Independence Administrators)
- Noninvasive Techniques for the Evaluation and Monitoring of Individuals with Chronic Liver Disease
- Obsolete or Unreliable Diagnostic Tests and Medical Services
- Ovarian and Internal Iliac Vein Embolization as Treatment for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Coronary Angiography and Arterial Ultrasound (Independence)
- Screening for Vertebral Fracture with Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA/DXA)
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring for Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, or Antiepileptics
- Treatment of Pulmonary Artery Hypertension with Intravenous, Subcutaneous, and Inhaled Pharmacologic Agents
- Uterine Artery Embolization
- Vectra® DA Blood Test for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- VeriStrat® Testing for Targeted Therapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.