New and Updated Policies
Effective August 1, 2017
- Diabetes Prevention Program
- Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis and Other Musculoskeletal Conditions
- General Approach to Genetic Testing
- Genetic Testing for Developmental Delay/Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Congenital Anomalies
- Genetic Testing for Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Genetic Testing for Lynch Syndrome and Other Inherited Colon Cancer Syndromes
- Genetic Testing for Mental Health Conditions
- Genetic Testing for Mitochondrial Disorders
- Genetic Testing for Tamoxifen Treatment
- Genetic Testing for Warfarin Dose
- Hysterectomy Surgery
- Intravenous Anesthetics for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
- Laboratory Tests for Heart Transplant Rejection
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery for Severe Emphysema
- Navigated Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Open and Thoracoscopic Approaches to Treat Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter (Maze and Related Procedures)
- Oscillatory Devices for the Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis and Other Respiratory Conditions
- Paraspinal Surface Electromyography to Evaluate and Monitor Back Pain
- Proteogenomic Testing for Patients with Cancer (GPS Cancer™ Test)
- Quantitative Sensory Testing
- Urinary Tumor Markers for Bladder Cancer
- Vectra® DA Blood Test for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While Payers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why a Payer might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle, they may go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you informed of upcoming and unexpected coverage changes affecting your product. Quickly understanding the changes Payers make can help you adjust reimbursement strategies impacting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on Payer decisions in real-time. Whenever changes occur, email notifications containing a summary of those changes are delivered to your inbox. Clients can access detailed coverage reports and medical policies on the interactive Dashboard portal. Save time and keep focused on the important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your product!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and works hard to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics over raw data. We understand what our clients need and we are dedicated to making sure we provide timely, accurate and always up-to-date reports that can be used to implement and support a successful reimbursement strategy.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.