September 2018 Medical Policy updates:
- Antiprothrombin Antibody Testing
- Biochemical Markers of Bone Turnover (e.g., Collagen Cross Links, Cross Laps, ITCP, N-telopeptides, NTx, Pyrilinks)
- Cryosurgery for Prostate Cancer
- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke – Mechanical Embolectomy, Merci Retriever, Penumbra, Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty, Solitaire, Trevo®
- Genetic Testing for Cystic Fibrosis: CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR)
- Intravascular Brachytherapy, Endovascular Radiation
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Limb Pneumatic Compression Devices for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis: Triple Play VT®, Venodyne, VascuTherm2
- Lumbar Traction: Vertebral Axial Decompression and Home Lumbar Traction Devices – ComfortTrac, Decompression Reduction Stabilization (DRS) System, HomeTrac, Orthotrac, VAX-D
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Prostate/Multiparametric MRI
- Pelvic Floor Electrical Stimulation (PFES) as a Treatment of Urinary or Fecal Incontinence, Intravaginal Stimulation
- Placental and Umbilical Cord Blood as a Source of Stem Cells
- Radiofrequency Tumor Ablation
- Screening for Vitamin D Deficiency
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) for Hepatic Tumors (SIR-Spheres, Theraspheres), Transarterial Raioembolization (TARE)
- Urinary Tumor Markers for Bladder Cancer: AccuDx, BTA Stat™, Fibrin/Fibrinogen Degradation Products (FDP), ImmunoCyt, Nuclear Matrix Protein (NMP-22), Urinary Bladder Cancer Antigen (UBC Rapid Test)
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy/Imaging for Examination of the Gastrointestinal (GI) Tract: AGILE Patency Capsule, Given® Capsule Camera, PillCam SB, PillCam ESO
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.