May 2018 Medical Policy updates:
- Varicosities/Varicose Veins, Treatment Alternatives to Vein Stripping and Ligation (e.g., Ambulatory, Stab or Transilluminated Powered Phlebectomy, ClariVein®, Endoluminal Radiofrequency Ablation, Endovenous Laser Ablation, Mechanochemical Endovenous Ablation, MOCA, Sclerotherapy, Varithena™, Venaseal™,VNUS) (PDF) Policy 7.01.47 (posted 5/2/18)
- Plugs for Fistula Repair (PDF) Policy 7.01.86 (posted 5/2/18)
- Surgical Management of Obesity: Adjustable Gastric Band, Bariatric Surgery, Biliopancreatic Diversion, Duodenal Switch, Endobarrier, Gastric Bypass, Gastric Plication, Imbrication, Lap Band, Restorative Obesity Surgery, Ednoluminal [ROSE], Roux-en-Y, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Stomach Stapling, TOGA, Transoral or Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (PDF) Policy 7.01.29 (posted 5/2/18)
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) for Subfoveal Choroidal Neovascularization (CNV) (e.g., Verteporfin, Visudyne) (PDF) Policy 8.01.11 (posted 5/2/18)
- Prenatal Genetic Testing : Preconception genetic testing, Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), Prenatal carrier screening (PDF) Policy 4.01.03 (posted 5/2/18)
- Angioplasty of Intracranial Atherosclerotic Stenoses with or without Stenting (e.g., Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty, Neurolink® System, Wingspan™ Stent) (PDF) Policy 7.01.70 (posted 5/2/18)
- Home Automatic External Defibrilator (AEDs) and Wearable Defibrillator Vests (WCDs): HeartStart, LIFECOR (PDF) Policy 1.01.42 (posted 5/2/18)
- Microvolt T-Wave Alternans (PDF) Policy 2.01.45 (posted 5/2/18) First Trimester Screening for Down Syndrome (e.g., Cell-Free Fetal DNA, Harmony™, Free Beta PAPP-A, MaterniT21™, Non-invasive Prenatal Testing, Nuchal Translucency, Panorama™, Verify®) (PDF) Policy 2.02.25 (posted 5/2/18)
- Her-2 Testing in Invasive Breast Cancer Using Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization (FISH) or Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Assays: HercepTest, PathVysion, INFORM®, FISH pharmdX) (PDF) Policy 2.02.31 (posted 5/2/18)
- Neuropsychiatric Quantitative Encephalography in the Diagnosis of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (e.g., NEBA system) (PDF) Policy 2.01.53 (posted 5/2/18)
- Heart and Heart/Lung Transplants (PDF) Policy 7.02.06 (posted 5/2/18)
- Kidney (Renal) Transplantation (PDF) Policy 7.02.04 (posted 5/2/18)
- Lung and Lobar Lung Transplant (PDF) Policy 7.02.10 (posted 5/2/18)
- Small Bowel and Multivisceral Transplants in Adults and Children (PDF) Policy 7.02.05 (posted 5/2/18)
- Cervical Cancer Screening and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Testing (e.g., Cervista™, Cobas® HPV test, DNA with PAP, HPV, HPV DNA testing, Human Papillomavirus, HC 2, Hybrid Capture 2, Pap/ Papanicolaou smear: Direct visualization, Monolayer, Optical; FocalPoint™, MonoPrep Pap Test (MPPT), PapSure®, Speculite®, Speculoscopy, SurePath, ThinPrep®) (PDF) Policy 2.02.04 (posted 5/2/18)
Policy Alerts monitors Commercial and Medicare medical policies for changes. While medical Insurance carriers typically update medical policies annually, there are many reasons why they might review or update a policy. When reviews occur out of cycle they often go unnoticed. Policy Alerts keeps you updated when Payers make coverage changes to medical policies affecting your business.
Policy Alerts continuously monitors Commercial and Medicare Payer coverage information to keep you up-to-date on medical Insurance decisions in real-time. When changes occur, instant email alerts are delivered to your inbox. Clients have access to detailed coverage reports and medical policies through the interactive Policy Alerts Dashboard portal. Save time each month and keep focused on important Payer medical policy reviews and coverage decisions affecting your business!
Policy Alerts takes a client-focused hands-on approach and is constantly working to provide our customers with helpful insights and actionable analytics. We understand what our clients need and are dedicated to providing timely, accurate, and always up-to-date reports.
Health economic and reimbursement information provided by Policy Alerts is gathered from third-party sources and is subject to change without notice as a result of complex and frequently changing laws, regulations, rules and policies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. This information is presented for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.