1. Personal Information means information that by itself identifies an individual (such as name, phone number, or email address) as well as information that can be combined to identify an individual. In this Policy we distinguish Operational Personal Information from Personal Information in Content that may be backed up, stored or hosted through use of our Services, and treat each type of Personal Information differently, as described below.
2. Operational Personal Information is Personal Information we collect and use in order to provide, support and market our Services. Operational Personal Information may include name, address, telephone number, or email address. We collect Operational Personal Information from individuals (including individual representatives of companies or other legal entities such as employees, officers or administrators) who register for, purchase and use our Services and from individuals who contact us and voluntarily disclose such information to us. This list includes customers, administrators, eligible users or potential users, or persons authorized to deal directly with Policy Alerts for Services support (we will refer to all of these in this Policy as “Customers”). Policy Alerts collects Operational Personal Information in many ways such as when someone fills out a form on our Website, submits an email or other inquiry to us, registers for, purchases or uses a Service, registers or logs on to one of the areas of our Website or web-based applications that are restricted to registered users, or requests support for a Service.
3. How we may Use Operational Personal Information. Policy Alerts uses Operational Personal Information for responding to and processing inquiries, orders and service requests or generally for any other purpose related to the original purpose for which the Operational Personal Information was collected. Policy Alerts also may use Operational Personal Information for supporting your relationship with Policy Alerts by designing services that are suitable to your needs, general Services support and updates, marketing, alerting you to new Service offerings as they become available, continuing existing service and support, and other similar purposes. This Information may also be used to provide you with notices about your purchases, your use of the Services, and to carry out Policy Alerts’ obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
4. Personal Information in Content. We treat all Content that is backed up, stored or hosted using our Services in the same manner, described below, regardless of whether or not it contains Personal Information.
6. Aggregate Information. Personal Information, including any Personal Information in Content, does not include Aggregate Information, which is information we collect or process about a group or category of data. Aggregate Information cannot be attributed to any individual. We may use and share such Aggregate Information to improve Services, develop new services, understand and/or analyze usage, demand, and general industry trends, develop and publish white papers, reports, and databases summarizing the foregoing, and generally for any purpose related to our business. Aggregate Information may be derived from information provided by any Customer, from use of our Services or from passive data collection techniques described below. No Personal Information is included in Aggregate Information. This Policy does not restrict or limit our collection and use of Aggregate Information.
7. How we may Share Personal Information and Content. Policy Alerts will not give, sell, share, or trade any Operational Personal Information or any Personal Information in Content to any party outside of Policy Alerts except as outlined in this Policy or with appropriate consent. We may disclose Personal Information to a third party in the following limited circumstances:
7.2 When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Website or Services against possible attacks, or protect the property and safety of Policy Alerts, our Customers or the public;
7.3 As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, warrant, regulatory oversight or similar legal process;
7.4 In connection with any potential sale, transfer, merger, consolidation or other transaction involving all or part of our company. In addition, we may disclose Operational Personal Information (but not Content), as needed, in the following circumstances:
7.5 To companies that provide services that help us with our business activities such as processing Customer payments. These companies are authorized to use Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
7.6 To companies that work with Policy Alerts on various projects; for example, Policy Alerts may share Operational Personal Information for consulting Services, relationship management purposes, or with Partners or Affiliates with prior consent.
8.1 Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or fill in a form.
8.2 Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies are used to provide us with statistical information about our Website which we use to measure performance and to improve how our Website work. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
8.3 Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to a Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, tailor our interactions with you and remember your preferences.
9. Continued Use. By continuing to use our Website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. You may block most cookies by activating the settings on your browser that allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
10. Other Passive Data Collection from use of Website. We may passively collect such information as device information, log information, browser type, query specifics and Internet Protocol address. We gather this information through the use of various technologies such as cookies, described above, web beacons (as described below) and other electronic files used to track your navigation of our Website, your completion of transactions and other browsing behavior. Policy Alerts may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to operate and improve our Website and to gather information about usage of our Website and interaction with emails or other electronic communications from Policy Alerts. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your device, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a Website tied to the web beacon. Policy Alerts may place web beacons in marketing emails or other electronic messages that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our Website.
11. Do Not Track (“DNT”). Because there is not yet a common industry standard or how to interpret browsers’ DNT signals, Policy Alerts does not currently respond to browser DNT signals when interacting with our Website.
12. Policy Alerts’ Commitment to Security. Policy Alerts is committed to protecting all Personal Information and Content we collect and use. To that end, we have implemented commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect Personal Information and Content under Policy Alerts’ direct control from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. However, no system of electronic data collection, storage and retrieval can be made entirely impenetrable and by continuing to use our Website and Services you acknowledge and accept that despite the reasonable measures we employ, we do not guarantee that our Website, Services and procedures are invulnerable to all security breaches or immune from viruses, security threats or other risks.
14.1 If you choose not to receive general communications from us in the future, please contact us at email@example.com.
14.2 To update your general communication preferences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14.3 Please note that you may not opt out of receiving communications from us related to your use, support or payment for our Services.
Contacting Policy Alerts
Last Updated: August 3, 2016